Friday, August 7, 2009

what God is saying to me...

After having the opportunity to be in Africa for over two months, I've found that I have a bit more clarity than I was able to find in the states. With my job and bills and every other distraction and temptation that comes with being "home", it was easier for me to tune out what God was trying to speak into my heart. Lately, I've been learning to work on the inside, and everything else has just been falling into place. If I can get what's within me right with Him, that light shines through my inner doubt. I'm learning that God is filling a void inside of me, and He loves to watch me grow.
The mother of the children mentioned in my last blog have played a big role in this last week for me. There's been a buzz around the community about what we can do for the kids and how we can raise the funds for the funeral. All week there have been nightly prayer meetings in her honor in the Mbonisweni community. Last night, Ryan and I had the opportunity to attend and it was so beautiful. Just earlier that day, I had been asking my friend Brittany about her experiences with the holy spirit, and I was beginning to doubt that God would ever show me that side of Him. leave it up to God to show you up, right? I walked into the tent, and the people who loved her were singing with all the passion in their hearts. The holy spirit was among us, and it was all I could do not to cry for the gratefulness I felt in my own heart. Tomorrow we will be attending the funeral ceremony early in the morning, and that evening Ryan and Mongaliso are planning on spening another night with the children. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Amanda , You're so Speical to do what you're doing , we love you so much , Pop Pop & Ga Ga .

    ReplyDelete